KG2 Gas Turbines
Power Generation 2 MW
The KG2 gas turbine is an industrial gas turbine with a power output range of 2MW. This gas turbine combines minimal maintenance with a compact and rugged construction to make it ideal for continuous power generation on- and offshore, emergency and stand-by power and combined heat and power (CHP) plants. Because of its simple, low-maintenance design, high reliability and operational experience, the KG2 turbine generator package is the preferred solution for 2MW power requirements. The wide fuel range enables operation on extremely low heating value fuels, landfill gas, and associated gas from crude oil production. The KG2 is also available in an externally fired configuration for those customers with off-combustor technologies.
Overview of benefits
- High availability and operating reliability
- Competitive cost-to-power ratio
- Outstanding load acceptance and shedding characteristics
- Available with a Dry Low Emissions (DLE) combustion system or Power Oxidizer for low NOx emissions
- On-site maintenance possible
- Rapid core engine exchange option (minimizes downtime)
- Proven in applications in combined heat and power (CHP) plants
Industrial power generation
For industrial power generation, the KG2 gas turbine is suitable for the following applications:
- Gas turbine power plants (simple cycle applications)
- Combined cycle power plants (combined cycle applications)
- Combined heat and power (CHP)
- Power generation for the oil and gas industry, on offshore platforms and FPSO vessels (Floating Production, Storage and Offloading)
The KG2 3G is available with a Dry Low Emissions (DLE) combustion system, providing extremely low NOx emission levels.
If ultra-low emissions are required due to strict environmental regulations, then the KG2 with Power Oxidizer is the gas turbine of choice. With the Power Oxidizer the system can be operated with NOx, CO and VOC emissions all at levels less than 1PPM.
- Lowest emissions possible below the most stringent environmental regulations.
- Control of emissions in oxidizer, eliminating the need for post-exhaust treatment systems, chemicals and catalysts.
- Significantly reduced emissions output allows simplified permitting process as a “minor” source
Low Calorific and Waste Gas Stream
If you have a low calorific gas that cannot be used in a standard gas turbine or reciprocating engine, or have a difficult waste gas stream, then the KG2 with Power Oxidizer is the best available option. This system can operate on virtually any waste gas stream eliminating the need for blending, the use of flares or other thermal oxidizer technologies, making power and heat energy with ultra-low emissions.
- Run fuels with gas energy levels as low as 50 Btu/scf
- Operate on a wide variety of fuels from 5% methane to 100% propane
- Is tolerant Hydrogen Sulfide and Siloxanes in most cases eliminating the need for pre-treatment.
|KG2 Performance Data|
|KG2-3G||KG2-3E||KG2 w/Power Oxidizer||KG2 Externally Fired|
|Fuel||Natural Gas||Gas, Liquid and Dual Fuels||Virtually any waste gas stream||NA|
|Frequency||50 or 60||50 or 60||50 or 60||50 or 60|
|Output Shaft Speed||1,500 / 1,800 rpm||1,500 / 1,800 rpm||1,500 / 1,800 rpm||1,500 / 1,800 rpm|
|Exhaust mass flow||9.5 kg / sec||15 kg / sec||9.5 kg / sec||9.5 kg / sec|
|NOx emissions||≤ 24 vppm at 15% O2 (with DLE)||Fuel Dependent||< 1 vppm at 15% O2||NA|